St Paul's Catholic School was established in 1928 by the Sisters of the Missions. The founder of the order was Euphrasie Barbier.
Mission (Est since 2017)
To provide a Collaborative, Holistic learning environment founded on Catholic ideals.
School Charism (Communion) (Contemplation) (Mission)
To Know, Love and Serve God
To have the Spiritual, Physical, Emotional and Academic strength and understanding needed to meet the challenges and adventures of a ‘Global Citizen.
While at St Paul’s Catholic School, our vision for our tamariki is that they:
- Are conscious of what the Special Character of our School is and what it means to be a member of a Catholic Community
- Model the values taught by Jesus Christ
- Are encouraged to take responsibility for their learning
- Want to learn
- Learn how to learn
- Have high literacy and numeracy skills
- Are encouraged and supported by staff and peers
- Accept the strengths and weaknesses of themselves and others
- Participate willingly in a wide range of extracurricular activities
- Have access to information technology
- Are provided with opportunities for leadership, teamwork and the development of life skills.
As followers of Christ, we place a high value on the ‘Fruits of the Holy Spirit’ and in doing so we want our children and teachers to be:
Self-less Whaiaro- iti
Proud to be Catholic Ngakaunui Ki a Katorikia
Striving for Excellence E Toho mo te Hiranga